Network Service Assistant
The innovative Network Service Assistant Multifunction Connectivity Tester, represents a new class of qualification+ testing.
Multifunction Qualification+ Tester
No longer do users have to decide between the purchase of a qualification network tester or a cable certifier, the Network Service Assistant bridges the gap, with a Qualification+ hybrid solution featuring Certi-Lite.
Network Service Assistant – Multifunction Qualification+ Tester
The Network Service Assistant (NSA) is a hybrid test solution, that bridges the divide between qualification and certification, and features Certi-Lite technology. Certi-Lite follows the ANSI/TIA 1152-A single-ended testing for many of the same parameters used in bi-directional certification. Single-ended testing does not qualify for cable manufacturer warranty approval, but for those that do not require the warranty, and simply desire a deeper level of cable testing beyond just a simple wiremap, NSA’s is the first test solution to offer Certi-Lite, and was voted Best in Show at the BICSI 2022 Winter Conference, by event attendees.
IT departments often find a need to ensure the cabling infrastructure meets a certain test standard. This is needed to ensure support for a given application, or simply to support moves/adds/changes. Historically, this requires the purchase of two or even three different types of testers, that span wired, wireless, and certification capabilities, which becomes cost prohibitive. The NSA is offered at a fraction of the cost for what you would typically need to spend in multiple testers to get this much test function. And, because the NSA is modular, adding more test function as needs change, or AEM continues to add capabilities, is as easy as hot swapping a test adapter.
Product Kits & Accessories
Network Service Assistant (NSA) Kit Comparison Guide
Let us help you decide which NSA Kit is right for you with this product kit comparison guide. You can read more detail about each kit further on this page.
- Certi-Lite – Single-ended ANSI/TIA 1152-A compliant RF testing involving the measurement of complex cable parameters such as Return Loss, NEXT, Insertion Loss, ACRF, length, delay, shield discontinuity, and graphical TDR analysis of faults.
- Fiber Optic Loopback and Voltage for Hybrid Powered Fiber – Singlemode and Multimode loopback testing ensures cable quality, and includes report of all supported network speeds based on cable performance. Integrated VFL identifies cable breaks. Fiber scope identifies debris or scratches that could affect cable quality. Measures DC Resistance in Hybrid powered fiber.
- PoE Load Testing – All PoE standards, which include 802.3 af/at/bt and UPoE are supported for reporting of PSE configuration and full load testing with reporting of Current/Wattage/Voltage. In addition, it also allows for sustained loading of the PoE source over longer periods to identify hard to find intermittent power drops, through external loads.
- Multi-gig Link Speed Testing – NSA is capable of validating a link to ensure Ethernet can be supported at 1/2/5/5/10GBASE-T. It can perform SNR measurements while under traffic and PoE load, ensuring confidence that a cabling link will support the desired network rate.
- Network Connectivity Testing – NSA can connect to a live Ethernet network through the 10/100/1000 network interface connector, or via WiFi (Edimax EW-7822ULC Wi-Fi USB adapter required). Once connected, NSA will auto-discover connected devices on the network. You can Ping any other device to verify connectivity with traceroute and measure latency.
- Wi-Fi Testing – NSA can auto-discover all 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi SSIDs and their associated RSSI values (received power level). This is helpful in discovering Wi-Fi “dead zones” and checking Wi-Fi connectivity with optional Edimax EW-7822ULC Wi-Fi USB Adapter.
- Up to a 5-Year Warranty – All Network Service Assistant platforms come with a full 2-year standard warranty against manufacturer defects from date of purchase. Upon product registration within 90-days of purchase, AEM will extend that warranty to 5-Years.
For more details on NSA, click: https://aem-test.com/products/network-service-assistant/.